20 April 2021
Wedding season is fast approaching. With numerous pre-wedding celebrations, lots of wedding-admin and a honeymoon to think about, you’re probably wondering how you’re going to fit in any exercise at all. Well fear not, we’ve got you covered.
It’s recommended that you start prepping your body 'inside and out' around 3 months before the big day, especially if you’re the bride. Hopefully you’ve found ‘the one’, and no, we’re not talking about your husband-to-be, but your dress. Whatever style you've chosen, we've pulled together some exercises that are key in the lead up to the big day.
Arm Toning Exercises for a Strapless Dress
Your arms are going to be on show and annoyingly, for us women, 'bingo-wings' are stubborn. Follow these simple steps to tone up those triceps.
- Simply put your arms out straight either side of you (holding light weights for that extra challenge) and make tiny circles clockwise and then anti-clockwise, 10 circles each way.
- Next, simply bend, press your arms away for 10. Add your own resistance by imagining that you’re pushing something (or someone!) away.
Glute Exercises or an A-Line Wedding Dress
If you've gone for an A-line style you’re probably going to want to tone your seat so that you feeling super sexy in your figure hugging dress.
- Set yourself up on all fours, tuck your tail bone under and pull your belly button in towards your spine.
- Then lift and lower your right leg whilst keeping your heel tucked as closely to your seat as possible to activate your hamstring.
- You can move the leg full range or do small pulses upwards whilst alternating between a flexed and pointed foot.
Leg Shaping Exercises for Midi Wedding Dress
If you’re going for a less traditional styled dress that’s shorter in length, then you’re no doubt going to want to do some leg exercises.
- With toes a fist distance apart and heels lifted to kitten heel height, bend your knees and wrap them outwards so your legs create a diamond shape. Then try 10 little drop holds (isometric exercise) the smaller the movement the better.
- Next, an eccentric movement where you go full range.
- Challenge yourself by dropping one inch lower each time
Body Shaping Exercises for a Mermaid Tail Wedding Dress
Lastly, if you're wearing a mermaid tail dress, hugging you in at the tummy and flaring out at the bottom, you’re going to want to be feeling slender, light and pulled in. This quick ab set is easy to do at home and doesn’t take long so give it a go.
- Lie on the floor with knees bent and feet tucked close to your seat.
- Tuck your lower tummy in so that you can feel that gap, from the natural curve in your spine, close.
- Next, lift your legs to table top so that they are at 90 degree angle
- Lift your head, neck and shoulders off the floor whilst keeping your tummy tucked, This should create a curve in your spine (it helps to visualise each individual vertebrate in your back curling off the floor).
- Once you’ve got the set-up correct, hold underneath your thighs, or for that extra challenge, have your arms out in front of you and take little pulses upwards
- For the extra challenge, hold your arms out straight in front of you.
If you can’t make it into Studio, these exercises are ideal to do at home when you have a spare few minutes. We know how time consuming planning a wedding can be, so we hope this makes it easier to get that wow-factor on your special day.
If you want to take it to the next level you can sign up to our online On-demand classes that let you take a Barrecore class whenever and wherever suits you.