23 October 2021
If you’ve carved a pumpkin for Halloween and you're not sure what to do with the leftovers, this quick, easy and protein packed Pumpkin Pie Smoothie recipe is the answer. High in protein, fibre, vitamins and full of anti-oxidants, it's the perfect way to get energised before you hit the barre. Give it a go whilst pumpkin season is in full swing!
You will need the following (serves two):
- 2 small (or 1 large) bananas - sliced and frozen
- 1 cup of pure and natural pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup (depending on your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Whipped cream (optional) - for serving
- Cinnamon - for dusting
- Put all of the ingredients (minus the whipped cream and cinnamon) into a blender and blend until smooth
- Once you’re happy with its consistency, pour into two glasses, top with whipped cream (if you're feeling naughty) and dust with a light sprinkling of cinnamon (we told you it was easy!).