01 November 2022
Free from gluten, dairy and processed sugar, this Paleo-friendly banana bread is the perfect thing to give to your kids or enjoy for afternoon tea. We really recommend you invest in some coconut flour which is a little more expensive than traditional flours but so much better for you. You could substitute the pistachios for anything you like - pecans or walnuts would be yummy, as would some 70% dark chocolate chips!
Paleo Banana Bread Ingredients
This recipe makes a small loaf:
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 heaped tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 over ripe bananas,
- mashed up 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios/seeds/nuts/dark chocolate chips
Paleo Banana Bread Method
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C .
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and then add the wet ones. Combine thoroughly using a spatula.
- Put into a medium sized lined loaf tin and bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes until golden and a metal skewer through the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy!