30 September 2021
Baked Salmon Nicoise
This is a fail safe classic that we keep coming back to. As we move into winter, we still have that craving for salad but somehow it doesn’t quite hit the spot – this baked salmon nicoise does just the trick! Swap the salmon for tuna or throw in some more capers, olives, or even a baked egg! This is a lovely, fresh dinner that is so good for you!
Ingredients – Serves 2
- 2 salmon fillets
- 150g green beans – topped and tailed
- 1 courgette – peeled into ribbons using a peeler
- 6 anchovy fillets (feel free to add more or less!)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp capers (again, add more if you like!)
- About 10 pitted black olives (these ones are great)
- Small handful basil leaves
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Meanwhile, blanch the green beans in some salted boiling water for two minutes and then drain.
- Line a baking sheet with some tin foil and scatter the green beans onto it. Throw in the courgette ribbons, capers, tomatoes, olives, basil leaves, olive oil and lemon juice. Toss thoroughly with a pinch of salt and pepper. Make two spaces for the salmon and nestle them into the mix. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Cook in the oven for 12-14 minutes until the anchovies have melted but the beans still have some bite. Serve with an extra wedge of lemon.