We are open and will be so through Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3, as per indoor exercise guidelines from the government!
In order to ensure a safe environment for yourselves and our staff, we have made several adjustments to our studios and procedures. Please make sure that you familiarize yourself with the below important changes before coming into the studio.
Last updated: 22 Oct 2020
- If you experience symptoms of COVID-19 (use the Official NHS Symptoms Checker), or have been in contact with anyone who experiences symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come into class. We ask the same of our teachers, to ensure a safe environment for everyone.
- From Monday October 19 we require that you wear a face covering in studio in all common areas going to and from your workout station (unless you have any medical reasons not to). It is not recommended to wear a mask while exercising, so we advise against this.
- Please book your class in advance through our Barrecore iPhone app, Barrecore Android app, or barrecore.com. We do not allow drop-ins at this time, but you can book all our classes up to 5 minutes before they start as long as there is still a spot in the class.
- We are operating our studios with teachers only, in order to minimize the overall number of people in the space. Our teachers open the studio and also sign you in.
- Our front doors open 10 minutes before class, and close strictly 1 minute before class starts. To help our teachers manage the transitions between classes, we strongly suggest that you arrive 5-10 minutes before class. If you are early or late, please refrain from knocking or using the buzzer. Please observe social distancing while waiting to be let into our studios.
- We strongly encourage you to arrive in your workout wear, and travel to your home to change/shower. Our lockers and changing rooms are in limited use, and our showers and amenities are not in use. There is also no towel service at this time, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Water dispensers are not in use, so please purchase water from us, or make sure to fill up your water bottle at home.
- If you cannot make it to your class for any reason, we require that you cancel your booking 12 hours in advance, through our Barrecore iPhone app, Barrecore Android app, or through your web account via barrecore.com otherwise you will lose the credit or be charged a £15 penalty fee per instance. Due to the limited class sizes that we are having to operate with, we are unable to grant waivers for no-show or late cancellations. Your booking cannot be swapped for another class time if the cancellation window has closed. Thank you for your understanding.
Please see our FULL BOOKING POLICY for more details.
- To ensure social distancing we ask that you queue up outside the studio. Once allowed into the studio, floor stickers by the desk assist you in maintaining social distancing in our reception area.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entry to the studio and classroom. We provide hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes throughout our studios for yourselves and our staff.
- When signing in, we ask you to confirm that you are not experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19, and that you have not been in contact with anyone who is experiencing symptoms.
- The only retail available for purchase is socks and water at this time.
- We only accept physical credit cards at this time - no cash or Apple/Google Pay.
- Social distancing will need to be observed at all times - before, during and after class. There is signage throughout the studio to remind everyone of social distancing rules, and specific in-studio guidance to maintain the health and safety of yourselves and our staff.
- Please place all your personal items inside a locker and use the wipes provided to wipe down your locker before/after use.
- All physical papers, such as brochures and feedback cards, have been removed in the studios. Please find all information about Barrecore and our schedule on our website and app. It is very important for us to hear any feedback from you throughout this process, so please email us on [email protected] or call us on +44 7873 439 997.
- To help our teachers, we ask that you please use our Barrecore iPhone app, Barrecore Android app, or barrecore.com to book or cancel any classes, and that you email [email protected] to sign up for memberships or for any questions around your account or any other support.
- The number of people allowed per class is significantly reduced, in order to ensure social distancing. Everyone has a clearly marked out area to workout in. At the moment we operate with a 2 meter distance between clients in the studio, though the official guideline only requires 1+ meters. Please don't move your mat unless instructed to do so by your teacher.
- We are using limited amounts of props during class for the time being.
- We ask that you wipe down your barre, mat and any props used after each class. You are welcome to also sanitize your area before class.
- We have invested in medical grade sterilization systems which are effective against COVID-19. These systems are used daily in-between classes.
- If necessary, you can leave the classroom during class, but we ask that you don't exit the studio building as long as the class is still running.
- We have created a 15-minute break between classes in order to adhere to government guidelines and minimize congregation. To aid our new processes, and to ensure social distancing, we ask that you leave the studio promptly after the class.
- If you at any point test positive for COVID-19, you must instantly self-isolate and share information about your recent contacts through the NHS Test And Trace service, to help alert other people who may need to self-isolate. Any staff experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 will self-isolate and follow this same protocol. You can also check your symptoms with the Official NHS Symptoms Checker.
- Barrecore is not affected by the "rule of six", as it explicitly excludes “organised indoor and outdoor sports, physical activity and exercise classes” as per this government announcement.
- The rule of face masks in enclosed spaces does not affect Barrecore and other fitness spaces as per these government guidelines and UK Active advise. From October 15 we will still require you to wear one for the safety of our staff and other clients.
- The recently announced COVID tiers allow gyms to continue to through Tier 1, Tier 2 as well as Tier 3, so we will remain open!
- Please also note that due to heavily reduced capacity, we are not able to offer any complimentary guest passes for the time being. We thank you for being understanding.
We ask that you please be patient with us as this is a new way for us to operate. We are doing everything we can to make sure that our spaces are safe, and that your experience is as smooth as possible. As always, we value your feedback so please share any thoughts with us by emailing [email protected] or calling us on +44 7873 439 997.
Please also note that this page can be updated at any time to reflect updated government guidelines or internal procedures.
Looks like you're not near any of our studios!TRY OUR ONLINE WORKOUTS FOR FREE
Creating your own personalised playlists on Barrecore is easy - to start, simply find a video you like, then click the button that looks like this:
You can name your playlist, add as many videos as you'd like to it, and remove/reorder the videos in your playlist to suit your training needs.
To remove a video from a playlist, simply click the 'x' on the video in the playlist view that you no longer want to watch, and confirm to remove.
To re-order it, just click the left '<' and right '>' arrows of the video in the playlist, to swap it with the video next to it.
You'll find your favourite playlists saved for you once you have signed in.