Global Wellness Day is recognised in more places than ever before, with 100 countries and over 4000 specific locations taking the time to celebrate the special day. Here's our guide to how and why you should get involved.
“Wellness is the conscious development of the whole self. Embarking on a wellness journey is a process of searching for the appropriate “tools” to make you a healthier and happier human being, plus discovering your own effective methods to use these “tools” for continued growth and development. As there is a great variety on all aspects of life, there are also countless ways to cultivate yourself on an ever-changing path of wellness.” (globalwellnessday.org)
- To recognise the value of our lives
- To pause and think, even if for just one day of the year
- To be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habit
- To make peace with ourselves
- To raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not just for today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year
Here are 4 simple steps you can take to celebrate Global Wellness Day
1. Write a list of everything you feel thankful of - Wellness is not just about your physical wellbeing, but also your mental wellbeing. It’s important to remind ourselves of everything that’s good in our lives.
2. Think about your work/life balance - It’s crucial that you give each dimension of your life a significant but balanced amount of attention. Consider whether or not you’re happy with the balance you have currently or if there are any areas that need altering.
3. Engage in some physical activity - Why not come along to a barre class? One area of wellness is appreciating what your body can do and how active you are as a person contributes to your overall health and happiness. At Barrecore, we’re focused on wellness 365 days of the year, come and join us!
4. Find the motivation to give something up. If there’s something unhealthy which you want to give up but haven’t had the motivation to do so, Global Wellness Day is a great opportunity to do that as it celebrates taking responsibility of your own decisions, your own health and living your best life.
Looks like you're not near any of our studios!TRY OUR ONLINE WORKOUTS FOR FREE
Creating your own personalised playlists on Barrecore is easy - to start, simply find a video you like, then click the button that looks like this:
You can name your playlist, add as many videos as you'd like to it, and remove/reorder the videos in your playlist to suit your training needs.
To remove a video from a playlist, simply click the 'x' on the video in the playlist view that you no longer want to watch, and confirm to remove.
To re-order it, just click the left '<' and right '>' arrows of the video in the playlist, to swap it with the video next to it.
You'll find your favourite playlists saved for you once you have signed in.